How important is it to have a residential electrician for your home?
At Skyz Electrical, we know being proactive about electrical safety can bring many long-term benefits to your Sydney home. And just as it is essential to have a whole house electrical safety inspection occasionally. Also, hiring licensed residential electricians for the job is equally as important.
We all know that electricity is one of the essential things in our lives, but it’s also something we take for granted. We wake up every morning and go about daily routines without much thought.
It’s hard to imagine life without our desktops and lights in the bathroom and kitchen; we navigate daily tasks easily thanks to this modern convenience! We flick a switch and expect it to work.
However, electrical issues are bound to come up at some point or another during your experience as a homeowner. It could be an unexpected circuit overload, frequent electrical surges, sags and dips in power or even outdoor lighting failure.
Electrical problems are among the most frustrating things that can happen to your home. It could be as simple as a wiring issue to light bulbs, a faulty switch, or, in some cases, something more serious. Therefore, taking care of these issues quickly and professionally is essential, as they may create other more serious safety hazards in your home if left unchecked for too long.
A full range of residential electrical work is available across Sydney’s Inner West and Concord – from upgrading and inspection of switchboards, and telephone systems, smoke alarm inspection, installing lights throughout your house and outhouses and rewiring kitchens so they’re more efficient. These are just a few of the electrical work we do.
With the cost of electricity, let’s look at how we can make your home more cost-efficient.
LEDs are a great way to reduce your power bills because they use 75% less energy than traditional lighting and last up to 25 times longer than conventional bulbs. In addition, these globes are cheaper and much easier to replace.
Changing to Led is an inexpensive transfer that will save loads in the long run. So if you’re keen to upgrade your home with energy-efficient light for beautiful and cost-effective fixtures, Led is the way to go.
Switch Board Upgrade
How can a switchboard upgrade save you money?
Electrical call-outs can be expensive, so upgrading to a new switchboard with RCDs and circuit breakers will minimise the likelihood of requiring an electrician when the circuit trips. And it also reduces the risk of fire. Once the fire starts at the back of the fuse board, a draft will carry the fire up the wall cavity into the roof.
Safety Checks Inspections
Your electrical network is an essential part of your home. With a Safety Check, we ensure it’s working to its best ability. You can rest assured that we will identify potential issues before they become hazards.
You may have heard the saying, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” It couldn’t be more accurate when it comes to electrical issues. A fault in your circuit or switchboard could be costly if left unchecked, as more serious underlying issues are often the cause.
Easy Ways To Save Electricity at Home
- Replace old appliances – Refrigerators and dryers are big electricity consumers in any home. To replace inefficient refrigerators with the latest models with the Energy Star approval saves you up to $ 65 a year. Likewise, dryers with the latest energy-efficient version can save up to $ 130 a year.
- Unplug any electrical gadgets – Computers, printers and gaming systems contribute 10% of energy consumption. Make it easy with a power strip with a switch to help you turn off numerous devices simultaneously.
- Initiate a complete makeover of your water heater – Ensure you reset your water heater to 120 degrees Fahrenheit/48 degrees celsius. Additionally, cover it using an insulating blanket. Bringing down the temperature and insulating the water heater can lead to 15% energy saving each year.
- Ditch that old TV – Buy the new generation LED TV that is highly energy efficient.
- Insulate Your Home-Insulation improves energy efficiency in your home. It helps reduce your cooling and heating costs while keeping a comfortable temperature in winter and summer. Insulation can save up to 45% of the electricity each year.
5 Signs Your Home Are In Need of Rewiring
Wiring in your home can become worn and damaged over time. This is especially true for homes that are older or less cared-for, which means their owners, like newer constructions, may not well maintain them would need to be every year with regular service appointments from reputable electricians who specialise in repairing these types; of problems before things get worse!
The condition of your home’s wiring can be a source of danger. OLD AND OUTDATED WIRING IS DANGEROUS AS IT CAUSES FIRE, Poses an Electrocution Risk to Your Family. Unfortunately, while it is easy to stay away from, most homeowners take no notice of the signs until something happens.
5 Signs that your home needs to get the wiring checked.
- Flickering or Dimming Lights – Lights are known to have a lower rating when compared to other outlet circuits, so they are the first to reveal that your home needs rewiring. Lights can dim or flicker when not correctly connected but may also be caused by faulty wiring.
- Frequently Tripping Circuit Breakers – If your circuit trips frequently, it could be because there’s an issue with one specific appliance in the house. Or a breaker that trips often indicates that there is a severe problem with your home wiring which should be checked immediately. All wiring should be performed by a licensed residential electrician who can make the electrical safety standers.
- Aluminium Wiring – During the 60s and ’70s, aluminium wiring was popular for its low cost. It provided an economical substitute for the copper wire used in former times because it significantly decreased production costs while still delivering high-quality sound output! Unfortunately, when aluminium comes in contact with copper, it causes an electrolytic corrosion process that creates loose connections. This leads to arcing and firing-the two most common factory errors caused by using the wrong materials for your application!
- Discoloured Outlet & Switches – The discoloured or charred outlets and switches indicate that you have sparking in your home. When you have a spark in your home, it can cause small fires, leaving discolouration on outlets and switches.
- Burning Smell – One of the most common signs of something wrong with your wiring is the smell near outlets. A burning smell can sometimes indicate faulty electrical connections or even short circuits. A certified residential electrician should look after any unidentified burning smell in your home.
Skyz Electrical team of residential electricians can guarantee to keep your home and family safe from electrical hazards. We are here to help.